Hair loss can be embarrassing, and both men and women suffer from hair loss at alarming rates. Here at All About Me in San Diego, we are dedicated to providing revolutionary treatments for all our patients seeking to restore their hair loss in natural and effective ways. PRFM, Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix, provides natural results that combat hair loss by using your own genetics. Put an end to your hair loss!
What are the Benefits of PRFM?
- Beautiful hair
- Natural hair regrowth
- Increases hair density
- Increases hair volume
- Faster alternative to PRP Therapy
- Regain your confidence
What is PRFM?
PRFM, also known as pure Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), is an innovative treatment to help stimulate hair regrowth. It revitalizes the inactive hair cell follicles to grow at faster rates and increases hair density and thickness of hair. It is completely safe to the patient because we utilize your own biological matter as the formula to regrow your hair.
What is the Procedure Process of PRFM?
To prepare the solution of PRFM, the following steps are taken:
- One of our Aesthetic Nurse Specialists will draw a small sample of blood
- The sample will be placed into a centrifuge, a high-speed spinning machine used to separate fluids, in order to separate all the platelets (blood cells), fibrin (proteins), and plasma (blood) from each other.
- The platelets are extracted into a tube that contains calcium chloride to enrich the regenerative properties of platelets and create PRFM.
- The PRFM solution is now ready to be injected
What Can I Expect During a PRFM Treatment?
PRFM is a lunchtime treatment with no downtime. The procedure takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once your genetically-specialized PRFM solution has been created, it is ready to be injected to restore your inactive hair follicles.
- The nurse will carefully inject PRFM throughout your scalp while targeting areas with extreme hair loss.
- Mild pain is generally experienced
What Results Can I Expect from a PRFM Treatment?
Do not wash your hair for at least a 48-72-hour period; this will maintain the Fibrin Matrix. Results of PRFM start the revitalization of your hair growth within seven days of receiving the treatment. Hair density and thickness is visible within six months. To see long-lasting and noticeable results, at least three to four treatments are required. Results vary in each individual; it is recommended to routinely receive the treatment every six to twelve months to continuously stimulate your hair regrowth.
Am I Good Candidate for PRFM?
If you suffer from hair balding, hair thinning, or excessive hair loss; PRFM is for you. There is no risk of allergic reactions. There is no risk of blood contamination because our Aesthetic Nurse Specialists are using your own blood for your unique PRFM solution.
If you have any bleeding disorders, cancer, low platelet counts, taking any anti-coagulants, pregnant, or breastfeeding; PRFM is may not be for you.
Consultation is required prior to receiving a PRFM treatment.